Saturday 3 December 2016

Hunting in Malaysia

I'd never heard of S&M Models until Airfix Model World magazine asked me to build this kit. After decades, finally a replacement for the venerable Matchbox 1/72 Percival-Hunting Provost. It was a joy to build, well detailed with good fit (although the three-piece canopy was a bit fiddly). Malaysian markings were one of the options on the decal sheet but I modified the scheme to represent a different aircraft, which required new serials and the checkerboard cowling and fuselage band.



2 comments:

  1. Glad to see a build-up of the S&M kit. I've been considering it for a while but wanted to hear what the word of mouth was. Looks nice, actually! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin, I think you'll be impressed. They've recently released a Bristol Sycamore helicopter which has already found its way into my stash.

      Delete